About UsDecember 2, 2019 2022-09-30 11:24
Start date: 1st December 2021
Duration: 24 months
Funded by: European Union
Measure: Cooperation partnerships in adult education
The need for this project:
In a world that is becoming more and more digitalised, the need for more skilled professionals working with young people has been widely recognised. Professionals should play a key role in guiding young people to engage in volunteering activities as they represent the “bridge” between youth and active society.
The project will use CM as great tools to improve the competencies of youth workers, empower the young audience, and vehicle important messages, due to their wide networking potential, sustainability, and accessibility for all.
The aim of this project:
ECO-MEDIA project will increase digital skills and community media literacy amongst professionals working with youth and raise awareness on climate change through the engagement of youth in e-volunteering activities and activism, using community media as an innovative tool, developing an ad-hoc e-learning platform.
- Youth workers of NGOs, youth centres and foundations (≥ 5)
- Social workers and school guides, from high schools (≥ 5)
- Mentors, tutors and professionals from organisations working with youth (≥ 5)
The total of participants will be 90 (15 from each partner country)
The participants will be involved in the project activities in different stages:
- as piloting activity participants to test the foreseen outcomes
- as evaluators of the training received
- as attendees to conferences, workshops and seminars organized by project partners, providing their testimonial.
Beneficiaries of the project:
- Social and youth workers,
- School guides;
- Education/training organizations, NGOs and institutes, VET centers
- Local authorities and policymakers
- Professionals working with youth